Saturday 10 October 2015

7yr boy returns $8,000 he found on a playground to its owner


The Massachusetts boy found the money on a playground during a Saturday play date with his uncle.
"I ran up the slide, and at the top I looked in the corner and there was this black check book, and I opened it up and I saw money in it, and I brought it back down to my uncle," he told WBZ.
Aiden and his uncle then took the money to the police who were able to track its owner, Elias Santos. Santos was playing with his kids in the park on payday when his earnings slipped out of his pocket. He left the playground without even knowing it was missing.


"When the police called me I was so surprised," said Santos, who only knew he was out of $8,000 after the cops asked if he was missing anything. Santos gave Aiden a $100 reward and thanked the kid for his honesty. "I am so grateful because we don't have people like this no more," he said.

Aiden said he learned the golden rule in Sunday school and knew he had to find the money's rightful owner. "Treat other people the way you want to be treated" he said

No comments:

Post a Comment